Amazon

Technology News

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Can I switch to 7 yet?

I've been using the beta and RTM versions of Windows 7 for a while now (thanks to my Technet subscription.) But I haven't switched over my main computers (yes more than one - I'm a geek!) to 7 yet because I'm waiting for the free upgrade software from the manufacturer. The computers are new, but were heavily discounted to make room for the preloaded 7 machines - so I took advantage of a sale.

But now I'm chomping at the bit to get 7 loaded on them. One of the cool new features I found is right clicking on the folder that contains the music I want, and choosing to add all the songs in that folder to the Windows Media Player - rather than opening the folder, selecting all the songs, and adding them by right click.

The new feature saves me clicks - and I like it. So I'm thinking of putting on a temporary version of 7 on the machines until the upgrade software comes - just so I can use that, and some other great new features.

No comments: