Amazon

Technology News

Friday, December 26, 2008

What I like most about my netbook

The Acer Aspire One is a handy device.  It is lightweight, it sips power and with the 6 cell battery, I get almost 6 hours of battery life.  It doesn’t throw off much heat.  It is a great machine to have in the living room and available for a quick lookup of something or quick browsing session.

What makes this possible is the ability to not have to reboot the machine.  When I’m done I just close the lid and it goes into an incredibly efficient sleep mode that doesn’t drain away the power.  When I open it, it will be up and running again in just a couple seconds because it doesn’t have to boot or even resume from a disk based hibernation.

I plug it in and recharge it overnight, and each day I’ve got a versatile machine that is perfect for light use in the living room and taken with me when I travel.

No comments: